Friday, January 29, 2010

Bows, Bows, Bows

I have made and accumulated so many bows that I decided I needed a way to organize them. I really didn't want them just out in her room, making things cluttered, so I decided to make these boards. They will hang inside her closet doors so the bows and clothes will be close for matching . . . and they will be out of sight when I want them to be.

They were super easy to make. I bought two 16 x 20 canvases and covered them with fabric (just stapled with a staple gun). Then I found some ribbon that coordinates with her room and stapled four strips onto each canvas . . . and walla!

Here's a close up so you can see how cute the fabric is. I LOVE it and bought extra for more fun projects!
And here they are all filled up. And don't worry I have more bows . . . they are just waiting for clips to be attached :)

On a side note, I went to my 35 week check up yesterday and have already dilated to a three. YIKES. I wasn't expecting that but maybe this will be my first pregnancy that I am not induced for. We will see! The doctor wants me to take it easy . . . especially since he will be out of town next week. I guess now it's time to go buy a car seat!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Are you kidding me...I have a little tear in my eye! Soooooooo cute! You have been a busy girl- sounds like you DO need to take it easy and rest a bit! Do I need to come take your boys? I will, you know:)

Hayley said...

Darling! I am so excited for you, and can't believe you are so close! Take it easy lady, and hope to see you soon!

Alisha LeBaron said...

Your board is so cute! You are going to have so much fun with your little girl!

mel said...

Way to be creative. I love all the bows and little girl stuff.

Baumgartners said...

I am in desparate need for something more to hang maddie's bows on. You'll have to tell me just exactly how they will hang in the closet so I can make some too!And, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to meet Navi!

Michelle said...

Good luck next week. Can't wait to meet sweet little Navi :)

Michelle said...

and your frog cake is sooo cute. oh, what to do, what to do?