Saturday, January 23, 2010

Passing the Time

JANUARY . . . Blah! I am not a big fan of January.

It's cold, gloomy, not much going on. Did I mention cold?

Luckily we have a baby coming in 5 1/2 weeks, so there is plenty to be done! I think I have started nesting. I am feeling like there is so much to be done with so little time. We have begun the musical room process in order to make room for a nursery. Griffin moved into Mason's room which has turned out a lot better than I had anticipated! We also moved Daxon into Griffin's old room and are now working on the nursery. It is so much fun doing a girls room! I may be going a bit overboard . . . but how could I not?

Here's a little sneak peak at the nursery . . . and my little daredevil. He has NO FEAR. I don't think Mason would climb up to the top yet if we paid him! I love how each of my boys has such different personalities.

And Griff getting in on the action as well. I am almost done painting the walls, and Kasey is painting the crib and dresser as I type! I have a million other little touches to add and will post pictures when it's all done. (Hopefully soon!)

Oh and one other thing we have been busy with while passing the cold January days . . .
Making yummy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (Griff let's me know that these are Grandpa Norm's favorite every time we make them) and banana bread! Mmmm!

4 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

OH MY GOSH! I am so excited for you! I would totally go overboard, there's no such thing! A little girl after 3 boys?! Go crazy! I can't wait to see her room when you're all done!

Jamie said...

WAHOO! The paint looks SO good! I can't even wait to see what you do with the rest of the nursery! I am sure you are having a blast decorating for your baby GIRL! You have the right to go a little overboard this time around! Your house looks just like mine, with the little boys huddled around the mixer making yummy treats! What else can you do when you are stuck inside, right?!! BTW I loved our little chat the other night after bunco. You are the best friend a girl could ask for;)

Bre said...

Love the pictures of the boys! And I dont blame you being so excited to do a nursery for your little girl. YOu have every right to go over board! I am so excited for you!

Michelle said...

Yummy cookies. The walls look great. Having a painter for a husband sure is handy.