Friday, April 24, 2009

Daxon's 1st Birthday

I really can't believe that my baby is already one! Time has just flown right by and it makes me a little sad that he's not a baby anymore! Dax has been such a happy, lovey little guy and I can't imagine life without him!

We had a little frog themed party for him . . . I think the big boys were more excited than Dax was, but he had fun and didn't mind letting his brothers help with the presents ( griff had a pretty rough time understanding that they were for Dax and couldn't figure out why Dax got to play with everything first!)




Favorite present of the night!


Spoiled . . .


Brothers





The little man of the hour

Family shot :)



The Cake . . .




At first he used his hands, but soon figured he'd do it the easy way!





Just a couple cute shots of my one year old!




I just wanted to remember a few things about Dax when he turned one!
*He has the biggest smile ever!
*He says dada and mama . . . but mostly dada
*He points to things he wants
*He wants to be a big boy and wants to eat big boy food . . . no baby food unless he doesn't have another option!
*He has 6 teeth
*He loves to be outside and on the 4wheeler
*He is pulling up on things but not quite walking (thank goodness!)
*He LOVES water and especially when I let him play in the bath without his bath seat
*He weighs 20 lbs. (15%) and didn't gain anything since his 9 month checkup . . . weird! I promise he eats!
*He gives the best loves and seems to just know when one is needed
*He sleeps through the night (when his ears aren't bothering him)
*He's had an ear infection for almost the entire last 4-5 months . . . but still remains happy!
We are so happy to have Dax in our family and excited to see how he changed and grows in the next year! Love you!!



6 comments:

mel said...

So fun! I love the cake. You are a woman of many talents this is for sure!

Baumgartners said...

Happy Birthday Griff! I can't believe he is already one either! Awesome job on the cake. It turned out so cute. How many hours did it take you to do this one? It looks like you had a fun day.

Baumgartners said...

Um sorry, I don't know why I said Griff in my first comment. I ment to say happy birthday Dax!

The Fluckiger Family said...

Happy birthday sweet Daxon! He is such a cutie! It makes me realize how fast May's first birthday is coming too. You did such a good job with the cake - it's darling! I missed seeing you and chatting with you at Bunco - maybe next month :)

Bre said...

Happy birthday big guy!! He is SO dang cute, REALLY! I love that kid, he really is so happy all the time. I love the one of him eating the cake with no hands! you look beautiful btw!

Morrells said...

He is so cute I can't believe that he is one! And girl your cakes always amaze me! I should hire you! What a good mommy you are!