Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5 ???

Monday was Masons 5th birthday. It's really kinda weird to think that I have a 5 year old! In fact, Mason even asked me if I was old enough to have a five year old!


Every year we let the kids choose something fun to do for their big day. Mason chose to go to a hotel, go swimming, and actually SLEEP at the hotel. (We tend to go for the swimming part and head back home for the sleeping part :) But he was insistent on sleeping there! Kasey and I went and got the room ready Friday afternoon before we brought the boys up and I'm glad we did because Mason was so excited to see the spider man decor all for him! I heard a lot of "Mom you are the best mom ever" comments over the weekend which really do not get old!



So after swimming, eating, more swimming, hotel baths, cake and ice cream and just plain excitement all night long, we figured it was time to attempt this 'sleeping' thing! You would think they would be exhausted and go right to sleep . . . not so much! Let's just say that Dax and I ended up back at home and Kasey and the boys got very little sleep . . . but memories were made and thats all that matters right?
gotta get all that chlorine off . . . (darn eczema)


On Monday (his actual birthday) I made Mase his favorite rollers with strawberries and whip cream, and bacon for breakfast. Then we pretty much had the rest of the day to kill before Dad came home from work so we decided to head outside to play in the sprinkler (which ended up me spraying the hose up in the air for the boys to run though). It was such a hot day and we don't have a kiddie pool yet so we had to improvise!

Finally Dad got home from work and the party could begin! Mason could not wait another minute so we did presents first, then had Chinese take-out (his fav) and then headed over to grandpa Kent's shop for the final present (a new bike that looks like a motorcycle)



All in all it was a great weekend. We love you so much Mase and couldn't imagine our days without you! Happy birthday!
These are the treats we brought for preschool . . . the favorite sugar cookies!

8 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

You really are the best mom ever! Such a cute cake - you do such a good job. The hotel experience sounds way-too familiar. We have had many instances where we have tried staying overnight somewhere, and one of us ends up driving home with one or more of the kids in the middle of the night :) I can't believe how close in age our kids are - it's unreal to me that I will have a 5 year old in one month, too.

The Bucks said...

You are the greatest mom ever! Your cakes are so cute.

anna said...

you really are the best mom ever! It looks like he had a great birthday!

Hayley said...

I was just going to echo Lorinda's comment on you being such a terriffic mom. I love your blog, and love seeing what a happy little family you have!

The McClellan Clan said...

what a cute Idea. I love it, and I KNOW Kaelyn would too. I bet he does think he has the best mom ever!!!

Adam and Aubrey said...

If you made that cake, I'm going to barf. Why do you have so much skill?!

What a cool birthday, I love that all his gifts are wrapped in the spiderman wrapping!

And I cannot believe you have a 5 year old! WOW!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Mason! What a fun party, but how the heck do you have the patience to do those cakes? Of course you know me patience is something a lack a lot of.

Jamie said...

I cannot get over the fact that Mason is FIVE!!? So weird. I love the spidey birthday and all of the cute pictures. You are really such a cute mom and I just love you;)