Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day / Catch up

I think this is the first time that I have gone more than a week without posting! Things have been pretty same same around here and I've had a bit of bloggers block lately! But I do think that St. Patty's day is good enough reason for a post . . .

The boys woke up this morning and had been visited by a leprechaun! He (or she . . . grandma) left a "pot of gold" with a note from the leprechaun on the front porch. Mason was sooo excited and had to make sure that everyone was wearing green so the leprechaun wouldn't " jump out from behind a bush and pinch us!" Although I have to say that Mase is getting to smart for his own good! He thought that it may have been grandma that left the surprise on the porch and I had to reassure him multiple times that is WAS indeed the leprechaun and grandma only noticed and informed us of the surprise :)


On a separate note . . . I just wanted to play a little catch up (mostly for myself to remember) on the past two weeks.
Daxon is officially DONE nursing! As of last Friday when he so sweetly smiled at me while he was biting me during a feeding, I decided it was time to be done. He has done shockingly well, and it has been so much easier than I ever thought!
Also on Friday we took Mason for his kindergarten shots . . . how is he that old?? We have to go and register next week and it is becoming real! I don't think I'll be a cryer, but you never know!
After Masons appointment on Friday, we took Griff to an ENT and found out he needs his tonsils out ( no big shock, they are HUGE and he has less than a pee size opening to swallow ) so this will be happening in the next few weeks! The doc also checked out Mason and Daxons tonsils and lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one left in the family WITH tonsils in the near future, but we'll see.
And to top it all off I had a tiny bump removed off my shoulder yesterday and now have 5 stitches in it's place which the boys are quite fascinated with! I'm thinking Griffin might turn out to be the squeamish one with that kind of stuff because he can barely stand to look at my "owie" and he wants it covered at all times. He even told me today "mom I just want you to feel better." What a sweetie!

6 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I cannot believe you have a child old enough for kindergarten! Wow! And I totally agree on the nursing thing, I'd be done with a bite! Kona only bit me once and he learned to never do it again. Little turds. And the tonsil thing. Wow. Good luck with that!

The Fluckiger Family said...

Such darling boys! We just got Oak registered also and I am freaking out a little bit. Also, good luck with the tonsils...it was rough for Oakley. Are you doing okay? How is your shoulder?

Hayley said...

We registered Ads took- it totally wierded me out! I hope you are doing okay, need anything??

Jamie said...

That picture just melts my heart! Those boys are darling Kris. I am happy for you that Dax is done nursing...great job you did all year!! Now maybe you might get a couple more minutes to yourself?! (We can hope, right?!) Poor little Griffin with the tonsils.. good luck, let us know how it goes. Are you ok? I feel bad you had to get stitches, I love that Griff is so worried about his mommy. So sweet! I loved our chat the other night too. Don't worry I DID end up taking Eas into the doctor on Friday morning and he DOESN'T have an ear infection. HONESTLY...75 bucks! OH well. At least I know right?!

The McClellan Clan said...

okay your boys are CUTE!! THey look so cute in their shirts. They are cute!! And I can't believe that your baby is that big!!! Gosh you could even be thinking of another baby now. hehhe

Jessica Davis said...

Awww, they look so cute in their matching shirts. That is a really cute idea, I bet they had so much fun.