Monday, February 9, 2009

Bu - Bye Binkie

Griffin is officially DONE with his binkie . . . and I might add that he has done surprisingly well considering the fact that he has had it with him 24/7 since the day he was born!

He was down to one partially ripped binkie a few days ago and I told him that if he took a nap without it, we could go for Ice Cream. So right then he completely ripped the binkie in two and threw it away! I was so surprised and a little nervous myself, but he has been doing great and really only asks for it when he's tired or hurt. The funny thing is that I thought it was for sure going to be a rough couple of nights until he got used to the idea, but he has actually SLEPT BETTER without it! Who knew? If I knew this I would have gotten rid of it long ago! (I think it is due to the fact that he is not constantly looking for his binkie all night long . . . YEA!)

8 comments:

Baumgartners said...

That's awesome! Griff seems to be all about doing things when he is ready. Potty training, getting rid of his binkie . . . what's next?

anna said...

aww dang it! i thought his binkie was adorable! but i guess it's better this way!

Adam and Aubrey said...

woot for no binkie! That rules! We cut Kona's off, now we just need to get rid of the base thing. He cannot even put it in his mouth. Good job to Grif!

Hayley said...

I love those milestones! It's always nice to get the hard ones out of the way! Are you coming to Bunco?

The Bucks said...

That is a huge step! Good job on the bribery.

Jamie said...

Yay! Ice cream is a great bribe!:) He can't get any cuter!

The Fluckiger Family said...

What a big boy! It's always so much harder on us parents than it is on the little guys, isn't it? I sooo missed you at Bunco tonight - it wasn't the same without you.

Bre said...

That is the best feeling, Dax was attached FOREVER, when I got rid of it he replaced it with his finger. And I HATE it. I love the pic. of Griff, he is so handsome. We really missed you at bunco!