Thursday, December 11, 2008

This sweet boy



Just got done crying for 24 minutes straight. I'm not quite sure what is going on with him at night lately. He has always been such a GREAT sleeper until about 2 weeks ago when he started waking up 2 - 3 times a night. Maybe I've just been spoiled because he has slept through the night since 2 months . . . I don't know. So at first I was thinking that maybe he is getting some new teeth, but he seems to be just fine all day long, just as happy as can be. So now I am thinking that the little stinker just wants to be held all night long. Now don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to hold him all night long if I didn't have other kids to take care of the next morning . . . but I just can't do it. He will fall asleep and as soon as I put him in his crib he wakes right back up, so after about 3 or 4 times of Kasey and I trading off putting him back down, we decided that he's just going to have to cry it out. This is the first time that we have tried this with Dax and well, 24 minutes later, the crying STOPPED ( I was going to go in at 30 minutes ) and he has been asleep now for about an hour. Lets just hope he stays asleep. Wish me luck :)



6 comments:

Natalie said...

Good luck! I hope it's just a phase and he starts sleeping for you.

Jamie said...

Oh Kris, that's tough. I hate having to listen to them cry, it's so hard. But I bet it won't take him long to figure out how to comfort himself. I'm sure it's a phase. That's rough though! Good luck!!

Bre said...

He really is the sweetest boy I have ever met. I LOVE to see him monthly! I wish I was not so HUGE so I could hold him, but holding little ones right now is just so awkward for me and the poor kid. My belly just takes over! You are brave to let him cry, I have tried that with both my kids and I SUCK at it. I say for sure with this one I am going to have too becuase I really need some good sleepers in this house! GOOD LUCK! Your such a great mom, I know that you will be fine.
ps, it was good to see you the other night, I am so glad you come always!!!!

mel said...

Wyatt kind of did the same thing for awhile. We would have to go in and put him back down. Then I got tired of that and we let him put himself back to sleep and it only took a couple of nights and now he's a pro sleeper.

The Fluckiger Family said...

You have been so spoiled! Welcome to my world - in fact, it is 2:00a and I am not up by choice! He probably is just going through a phase and I wish I could say the same for my May.

Hayley said...

Good luck! I would come and hold him while you sleep, I love that little guy. Really, I do. He's just so darn cute!