Monday, March 22, 2010

Navi's Room

Navi's room has been so much fun to decorate! It has been an ongoing project and still isn't quite finished but I thought I would post a few before and afters anyway!

Before
(Dax's old room)

After











I don't think that the pictures really do it justice. I am so happy with how it turned out! Most of the big things were old furniture that we repainted. The dresser was mine when I was little. With a coat of white paint and some new glass knobs, it turned out perfect! The crib was Griffin's old crib that we painted and the big shelf on the wall used to be hanging in our front hallway (it was black). I had an old lampshade that I reused by covering it with pink lacey ribbon and pairing it with a new glass base. The curtains were a couple of cheap white panels that we added pink chenille to the bottom. I cut up one of her crib sheets and added a strip to each curtain panel to tie them in with the bedding. And of coarse the green beads just added that finishing touch to the panels! I had so much fun doing all of these little projects (with help from Kasey with some painting and his grandma Cheryl with the curtains)! Now I want to finish a few small things in her room and then move on to finish up the boys rooms!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Darling! Will you come decorate my house for me??

Adam and Aubrey said...

Her room is gorgeous! I love the green! LOVE IT! You are amazing.

The McClellan Clan said...

WOW!!!! SO GOOD!!

Baumgartners said...

I've been dying to see pictures of her room! It turned out so dang cute. I need you to help me with my kid's rooms! I am definately as creative as you - I lack the 'vision'!

Jamie said...

OH Soooo cute! I loVe it!!! I am sure you had so much fun. You are the best decorator. Will you teach me how to do curtains?:)

Bre said...

I just love it! I want to learn curtains too!