Monday, October 19, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

Last weekend was just that. Perfect. I don't think I have been able to say that about a weekend in a while so I figured I better document it!

The weekend stared early for us on Thursday. It was a big day . . . the ultrasound. I was nervous all morning. I always get nervous before my ultrasounds, I think it is the unknown and the anticipation. Luckily my appointment was in the morning so I didn't have to wait ALL day, it just seemed like it! I was planning on walking out of there in boy mode. I was shocked, surprised, excited, scared, giddy and a million other emotions when they told me it was a GIRL!!!!! Wow! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day. It was perfect.

Friday was just a normal day. But still perfect considering our news.

Saturday we packed up and headed to Park City. We haven't been anywhere in a while and this was a much needed family getaway. We went with Kasey's family (his mom and dad, and sister Krista and her hubby Bobby). We got there a few hours before check in, so we decided to take the boys out to lunch and hit the Alpine Slide. It was way past lunch time and we basically never take all of them in a restaurant (do you blame me??), but they did so good! I was a proud mommy.




After lunch we headed over to the Alpine Slide. This was the only part of the trip that was not perfect. Kasey took Griff first and then the plan was to take Mase next (someone had to stay at the bottom with Dax :)) There was basically no line at the bottom so I figured it would take 15 min or so. Nope. An hour and a half later they came down the slide. It was a LONG wait for a baby that hadn't had a nap. . . he was so tired that he would just lay down in the gravel (we were waiting in gravel). Long story short, Mase opted to skip out on the slide so we could go swim at the hotel.




The rest of the time was spent swimming, eating, and swimming some more. What could be more perfect than that? We even got to have a little adult time which was so nice. Kent and Jackie offered to watch the boys and get them to bed while we went out to dinner with Krista and Bobby. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

Looks like the perfect weekend - we could use a getaway so badly! It has been a while :) I am looking forward to seeing you at Bunco!

Hayley said...

Is that Baja Cantina? YUMM! I'll mimss you guys Friday! wish I could come!

Michelle said...

Oh my heck! Congratulations! What a fun weekend. Breaks are always heaven.

Jamie said...

Lucky girl! Sounds like a great time! And I can't get over the excitement of your baby GIRL!!!! I can't wait! SOOOOOOOO excited!
And I am so excited to see you tomorrow!:)

Bre said...

congrats lady!! I am so happy for you and your family! Looks like a great weekend away!!!

thecaldwells said...

Yippy! I totally knew you were having a GIRL!

The Bucks said...

Congrats on the little girl! If I were you I would be scared to death because I would have to worry about accessorizing! I guess that's the fun part though.