Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ABC Summer

Last summer I saw on a friends blog that they did an ABC summer and I thought it was a great idea to help keep the kids occupied and hopefully still learning something throughout the summer. So, I decided to give it a try. She has some great ideas so I've copied a few of hers and come up with a few on my own. I decided we would do a new letter each Tuesday and Thursday, and then do story time at the library and the park on Wednesdays. Tuesday was our first day of our ABC Summer and so we started with the obvious . . . A! We first had Ants on a log (raisins on string cheese) for a snack.

Then we did the ABC's and practiced writing the letter A. Then we did Alphabet Sand (just fill a plate with sand of choice . . . sugar at our house) and let the kids practice drawing letters (and shapes for Griff) in the sand.



We finished up with lunch at Arctic Circle. The boys loved it and have been asking ever since when we get to do the next letter!
I'm going to try and post as many letters as possible throughout the summer so I can remember for next year . . . just a warning :)

8 comments:

anna said...

that's such a cute idea! You and Julie are the cutest mom's ever...I hope I can be like you two one day!

Hayley said...

I'm so copying you with this idea! So fun!

And it was fab to see you at Bunco. How bout next month we do a movie?

Adam and Aubrey said...

will you be my mom? or raise my kid for me? you rule.

The Fluckiger Family said...

I love that idea! You are such a fun, creative mom. I hope you do post all of them because I will probably be copying you! It was so much fun seeing you at Bunco :)

Bre said...

I have a couple friends doing this and want to copy! It will be fun to see what you all come up with so I have more ideas to look at because I am not that creative. You are such a good mom, and I didnt even get to talk to you at bunco!:( NEXT MONTH!

thecaldwells said...

What a fun mom! I need to be better at stuff like that...You are my inspiration.

MacElwee Family said...

That is such a cute idea! I'll have to keep up with your blog and write it down for when my baby gets older.

The Bucks said...

I'm going to have to get in gear and try this, it's such a cute idea!