Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting Organized

I will admit that I am not the most organized person in the world, but since having kids (and all the clutter that comes with them) I am needing to become better at this! So this year I am going to try to work on one section of the house at a time and get organized! Right now I am working on the laundry/mud room and am quite pleased with the progress . . .
The top shelf used to be a mish mash of gloves, hats, ect. Now each boy has a bin with their initial on it and it is so much easier just to pull down whoevers bin I need and not have to go searching for a missing glove! Also each family member has a rack for their shoes which is great so Griff knows that his shoes are all on the bottom rack. I've found that being more organized has been a real time saver and I'm excited to keep on going!


We have also started a chore chart for the boys. It has been really good so far and seems to help make chores a little bit more fun! Don't worry I'm only giving them a few simple things to do each day and then every two weeks they have a pay day (on daddy's pay day) where they earn a dollar if they've done their chores nicely over the past two weeks. Then they can choose what they want to do with their money (Mason already has big plans for the dollar store!)


7 comments:

Alisha LeBaron said...

Kristin you seriously amaze me! I don't know how you are so crafty and organized. I love the organized mud room, you have just given me so many ideas for organizing my house! We are still living out of some boxes, because the fact of putting everything away, and then decorating all this space just intimidates me! Anyways, I think what you have done is soooo cute!

Jon and Melissa said...

Good work! That is one of my goals this year too. I have found that it is expensive to get organized though! Everything looks cute.

The Fluckiger Family said...

You are such a cute and fun mom! I need to try the chore chart thing with my boys. I'm jealous of your mud room - someday I'll have one, even a messy one.

Emma said...

Who doesn't go crazy on Christmas?? Will you make my kids chore charts? PLLEEAASSE! They are super cute. Way to go mom of the year!

Jamie said...

Cute Kris. You are such a fun mama! I think I might use your ideas! Hope to see you soon! Miss you!

mel said...

I love being organized but sometimes I feel I don't have enough space for my organizing ideas. But it feels good when an idea works and everyone (MY HUSBAND)can follow through with it.

Michelle said...

Awesome, hey maybe we should make chore charts for activity days, or a family home evening chart would be fun too.