Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It’s September!

So why not post about the 4th of July?!?

We had a great 4th this year. The morning started early for me! I ran the West Point 5k and then met Kasey and the kids at the parade. Grandpa Kent put his tractor in the parade this year and the kids thought that was pretty cool.

Later that afternoon we had Kent, Jackie, Krista and Bobby over for a BBQ. We made chicken and veggie shish-ka-bobs, corn on the cob, mango quinoa salad (my new favorite!),  and a festive fruit pizza!

DSC02069

DSC01990

After dinner the kids were dying to start the fireworks. So we did, even though it wasn’t dark. They LOVE LOVE the parachute ones. They thought it was so fun to see were the breeze took the parachute and even funner to chase it down and try to catch it before it hit the ground.

DSC01991DSC01995DSC01996DSC01994DSC01998DSC02001DSC02004DSC02005DSC02006

Mason and Griffin spent hours on the driveway burning their parachutes and army guys. They are so intrigued by fire … such boys!

DSC02007DSC02008

After the fireworks miss Navi was off to bed and the boys got to try out their new red white and blue transformer jammies. They LOVE to have matching jammies. And then the sillies began!

DSC02020DSC02014DSC02018

I told G to make the meanest face possible. Once I told him to do that he couldn’t stop smiling!

DSC02016DSC02013DSC02019DSC02015DSC02017

The boys had a blast smashing all of the fireworks with their scooters once we were done! We had a great fourth and finished the night watching the city fireworks from our deck!

DSC02023

2 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

I am just getting to 4th of July pics too! I know how it goes! Looks like you had a good one. Your kids are darling :) Miss you btw.

Baumgartners said...

I am getting farther and farther behind on my blog! I really need to catch up! Those are some hilarious pictures of your boys, they made me laugh. And Maddie has that same dress that she wore for the 4th of July a year or two ago!